Amazon Has ‘Best-Ever Season’ During Holidays in 2016Caitlin Donnelly
Now that the holidays are safely coming to an end, Amazon reflects on its 2016 holiday season. This year ended up being the best in Amazon’s history, with electronic devices and Prime shipments breaking company records. Here are just a few facts from this year’s holiday sales:
- More than one billion items shipped worldwide with Prime and Fulfillment by Amazon this holiday season.
- More people around the world tried Prime this holiday season than any previous year.
- December 23, 2016 was the biggest day ever for Prime Now deliveries worldwide and members ordered 3x more items compared to last year with one and two-hour delivery worldwide.
- Prime members in Dallas, Texas ordered more items with Prime Now than any other city in the U.S. this holiday season.
- The last Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery order from Amazon.com that was delivered in time for Christmas was ordered at 10:23 a.m. on December 24, 2016.
- More than 72 percent of Amazon customers worldwide shopped using a mobile device this holiday.
- Shopping on the free Amazon mobile app grew by 56 percent this holiday, worldwide.
- On Cyber Monday, Amazon customers worldwide purchased about 36 toys per second on a mobile device.
- December 19 was the peak worldwide shipping day this holiday season.
- There are now 45,000 robotics units working alongside Amazon associates in more than 20 fulfillment centers.
How did your sales do? Don’t forget that Chinese New Year approaching quickly. In 2017, the holiday is observed at the end of January. Make sure your suppliers are on track and your orders with FBAforward are placed to get you through the manufacturing and shipping lull.
Contact us at email@example.com or 866.526.3951!