Amazon Facts – Last Year’s Holiday Season, 2015Caitlin Donnelly
The holidays are an incredibly profitable time for both Amazon and Amazon merchants alike. Every year, Amazon has been more successful than the year prior. Here are some exciting Amazon facts from last year’s holiday season:
- A record number of units were shipped worldwide with Amazon Prime in 2015.
- More than three million customers joined Prime in the third week of December.
- Prime members shopping via mobile more than doubled during the 2015 holiday season in the US, to nearly 70%.
- On Cyber Monday, Amazon customers worldwide ordered more than 33 electronics per second from a mobile device.
- Christmas Eve was the biggest day ever for Prime Now deliveries.
- Some of the most popular Prime Now best sellers during the holidays were Simply Orange Juice, Bounty Paper Towels and Haribo Gold-Bears.
- FBA delivered more than 1 billion items to customers worldwide.
- Sellers worldwide garnered more than $1.5 billion in sales through Sponsored Products listings
- Sellers received orders for more than 23 million items on Cyber Monday.
- FBA items shipped worldwide grew more than 60 percent year-over-year during the holiday season.
- Active sellers worldwide using the FBA service grew more than 50 percent year-over-year.
- Amazon made more than one-third (35.7%) of total online sales on Black Friday in 2015. Best Buy came in at a distant second place, raking in a mere 8.23% of total Black Friday sales, or less than a quarter of what Amazon made.